Monday, October 15, 2007

Eating

Since nothing else is going on I thought I would write about eating. I occasionally look at a friend of my sister-in-law's blog. She has a little girl about a month younger than Mallory so I like to see what she is doing compared to Mallory. Well, I was looking at it last week and noticed she has started posting quick and easy recipes. I thought this would be a great idea to share recipes. We get in a rut of eating the same things over and over. So, I am going to try to post a recipe weekly. Since I am posting about eating I thought I would put a picture up of the girls eating.

Alyssa is eating the same thing she eats for dinner every night. She is SO picky! Oh, we found a clinic we LOVE in Monroe. We had to take Alyssa back last week for a follow up visit but the day of her appointment she woke up crying and continued to cry the ENTIRE day! She NEVER does this so I knew something was wrong. Her other ear was infected so she was given a shot and more antibiotics and is like a different child. We have an appointment with an ENT in December (apparently these doctors are VERY busy) to decide if she needs tubes in her ears. The doctor thinks she does and so do we.

This is Mallory's first time trying Cheerios at home. I noticed on her MDO sheet they put she ate a snack of cheerios. I figured since they are giving them to her I would try. They must put them on the tray and then look away because every time I have given them to her she plays with them then throws them on the floor. She has yet to eat one!

Okay, so here is my recipe of the week:

Crock Pot beef tips

1 package of Stew Meat
2 Packages of Brown Gravy mix
Salt, Pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 beef bouillion cube
water

Put the stew meat in the crock pot. Pour the gravy mix over the meat and cover with water. Put in beef bouillion, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Jolie is alive b/c of fishsticks! She was very picky after she was finished with baby food, but I'm happy to report that during the summer she started trying new things!

The girls are so cute!

jill said...

Hey Tara! I found your site from Megan's. Your girls are precious. And the recipe idea is great. I think I might have to try that one.

Anonymous said...

I strongly suggest Dr WIlson Barham in Monroe. He is great with children and adults alike. He has, I believe 5 children of his own, so he knows how to communicate with them. He treated me not only as a patient but as a friend also. I am a type 1 diabetic for 35 years and had some severe complications with my sinus's. I now live in S'port but continue to see him in Monroe if that gives you a clue to how much I trust him.