Thursday, November 01, 2007

My Little Ladybugs




We went to the fall festival at Temple last night. It was fun! We put Alyssa in a jumpy thing for the first time but she really didn't know what to do. I had to wake her up from a nap to go so she wasn't in a very good mood! I am sure she was also burning up since it was 76 when we got there and they had on fleece from head to toe!

In other news Alyssa is getting tubes put in her ears next week. She has had a constant double ear infection for the last month. She just can't get rid of them. Finally we went to an ENT and with one look in her ears we were told she needed tubes and part of her adenoids out. She has a split uvula so they can't take all of them out. The ENT was also certain that this is the reason she is not talking. Hopefully we can get her well and talking!

Mallory is doing great! She will be 9 months tomorrow. I will post a 9 month picture when we are in Shreveport. If you haven't noticed I am taking her picture each month for a year in the same chair so I can see how much she has grown. She is talking and pulling up. I don't think it will be long before she is walking.

We still haven't sold our house in Shreveport. We are having major issues! A couple of weekends ago we were there and noticed some black stuff around the vent. Trey took it off and discovered mold in our air ducts. Obviously, the heating element had a short in it so the fan on the heater was staying on and blowing hot air in in the attic against the cold air from the air conditioner. We called someone to clean it out and they fell through our ceiling in the living room. When we went home last weekend Trey checked it all out and was NOT happy. They didn't even come close to matching the paint on the ceiling and there were about 5 or 6 air ducts that still had mold in them. So they were supposed to fix it this week and we will check it out this weekend. In the meantime our house is on hold. So please pray that this will be fixed and it will sell!!!! I am about to go crazy in our tiny house in Ruston. We are surrounded by partying college kids! Last night our neighbors had a party (in their YARD) until about 1am! They did come over yesterday and warn me so I wouldn't call the police - wasn't that nice???? We have found a house we like but are scared to go ahead and buy something with the issues with our house in Shreveport. Anyway, I will let ya'll know how the surgery goes next week.

2 comments:

ashley said...

poor alyssa - i'll be praying for her... i know it's hard when they're not happy. i'll also be praying for the house to sell quickly when it's fully repaired!!

Anonymous said...

I just realized I can get on your blog from school! Maybe I should start a site on HERE so I can start keeping up with people again! :D Anyways, it was great talking to you the other day! We'll be praying for Alyssa tomorrow, and I hope everything goes smoothly. talk to you soon!
-Kelly