Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to Me!!!!

I had a great Mother's Day weekend! I was worried because Thursday night Alyssa threw up and was running a high fever. I just knew she had a stomach bug!! Well, Friday she was just SO sick. I have never seen her so pitiful! She could not lift her head up. I took her to the doctor to find out she had a urinary trac infection. She was so out of it that she slept on the exam table pretty much the whole time we were there. They gave her an antibiotic shot and she was back to her normal self Saturday!!!

I met my Mom in Shreveport for our annual Mother's Day lunch at the Tea Room! It was wonderful! I took Mallory with me and left Alyssa with Trey so she could rest. Mallory was SO good! We did not have any meltdowns (well, not until we came home)! We had lunch them shopped all afternoon. I came home to a bouquet of flowers and a card waiting for me on the table. He wanted me to open it then. So, I opened the card and it said my gifts were hidden. If you know me then you know I DO NOT like games like this! I get aggravated and frustrated VERY easily. So I looked for about 15 minutes then made him give me some detailed clues! I decided to go back and look in the card and found a gift certificate for a spa day hidden inside the card. He said there was one more gift. So as I was staring at the flowers trying to think where he could have hidden something else I noticed something in the flowers. I went to look and it was a BIG apple! I asked him what that was for and he wouldn't answer. After a few minutes I figured it out - he was taking me to NYC!!!! I only figured it out because my friend Elaine's husband did pretty much the same thing for her for Christmas and they are leaving next week! I have always wanted to go but Trey has been before and was not really interested in going back. Well, the US OPEN just happens to be in NYC the weekend we are going to be there!:) So, If anyone has any suggestions of what to do or where to eat I would love to hear them! Don't I have the most wonderful husband?????

3 comments:

Emery Wilkerson said...

Oh my I am jealous!!! We have gone to NYC & the US Open for the past two years!! We'll have to take a hiatus this year because of the baby, but glad ya'll will be there!! SO much fun! If you haven't already booked a hotel, I have two good recommendations that are great locations for walking around the city!

Megan said...

Way to go, Trey! How fun! Can't wait to visit in person next week.

The Tylers said...

Don't forget about Tavern on hte Green in Central Park...you need to make reservations!