Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My new hobby


I bought this pillowcase from Wal-Mart for $2. I think the entire thing cost around $8!

This was my pillowcase from college. I thought it would be cute because of the ruffle at the end!

My mom bought Mallory a pillowcase dress and I kept looking at it thinking I could make this. Even though I had no idea how to use a sewing machine. Well, my friend Christine came over yesterday and she and I made two pillowcase dresses for Alyssa. They are so cute and were pretty easy to make. I am much more comfortable with my sewing machine now. Next I need to attempt to make Mallory one but that is going to require sewing a seam which makes me a little nervous! Anyway, I thought I would share my finished products with everyone. I took them to show to my ladies Bible study group last night and I have been asked to make some for them. I don't know where I will find the time but this is something I really like doing!! The problem is it is addictive. It is just like scrapbooking. Once you sit down and drag all of your stuff out and start doing it you don't want to stop!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!! I love the dresses! the ruffle is soooo cute, and the satin bows are a great touch!!! Now you'll have gifts for all of your friends when they have babies and baby birthdays!!! :D I wish I could sit there with you and make stuff, it's so addicting! I used to make purses, and I would sit there, completely tuned out from the rest of the world! You have accomplished a great thing!!! YEAH!!!
We can't wait to see you guys!!!
-Kelly

Anonymous said...

those are so cute!!! i need to learn to sew!

Megan said...

way to go! i'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad i looked at your site tonight! VERY cute. i taught myself to sew when i was about 24 and have been loving it all these years. it IS addicting!

the pics from the dedication are great! sure hope to see ya'll soon!

love, melanie

ashley said...

i have got to get mine out and get with it. those are adorable and i think i might could do it... i may call you for instructions on the first one!