Monday, March 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


So my friend Elaine has started doing this Menu Plan Monday on her blog so I decided to give it a try. I actually have a full kitchen now so I can cook for the first time in weeks. I promise I will post pictures of the house soon. There are still boxes everywhere. I know I should be unpacking instead of blogging but I am doing it anyway! Here is my menu:
Monday - We ate Cane's because Trey didn't get a chance to hook up the cook top but he is doing it right now!
Tuesday - Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells (see below)
Wednesday - BBQ Chicken Packets (see below), Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans
Thursday - Fabulous Fajita Pizza (Pampered Chef)
Friday & Saturday- I don't cook on the weekends (that is a house rule!)
Sunday - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, Strawberry Spinach Salad & Garlic Bread
Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
16 dried jumbo pasta shells, prepared according to package rinsed & drained
1 lb ground beef
1 16oz can refried beans
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 T taco seasoning
1 1/2 C salsa
Heat oven to 350. Cook beef & drain. Add beans, 3/4 C cheese & taco seasoning; mix well. Spread 1/4 C salsa over bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Fill pasta shells w/ beef mixture; place shells filled side up. Spoon remaining salsa over shells. Cover baking dish w/ foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle w/ remaining cheese.
BBQ chicken packets
foil
chicken breasts
BBQ sauce
Tony's
Tear off a piece of foil big enough to wrap the chicken. Place raw (I use frozen) chicken breast on foil and sprinkle with Tony's then cover with BBQ sauce. Wrap chicken up in foil and place on baking sheet. Wrap as many pieces of chicken as you want. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until done.
To view additional MPM's go to I'm am Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh! thanks for the recipes! I've been cooking ALOT more since Andy and I are on a budget. It's pretty fun! I'm going to make one of your recipes from my book this week!
Could you please email me your new address so I can send Alyssa's birthday card? Thanks! I hope we get to talk to you guys soon online, but we've encountered another hickup in the process, so it may be delayed a bit. oh well! Have a great day!

Elaine said...

i'm glad you decided to post your MPM! i like your bbq chicken...that might be on my next MPM.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm :) miss melanie

Carrie said...

Tara...if you go left out of your driveway, turn left at the stop sign, the second house on your right (I think it's the second one) is a grandmother names "Miss Jane." She has a granddaughter named Molly. If you haven't met her, you need to. Tell her you are a friend of Ashley Ellis' little sister. She watches my nephews when my sis has to run an errand, etc. I was in Ruston this week, and I learned "Miss Jane" (I think that's her name) makes the best cookies and mac-n-cheese. Straight from the mouths of a 10, 8 and 5 year old! :) Just FYI! :)