Monday, May 26, 2008

Hot Springs, Onion Rings & Silliness

We went to Hot Springs this past weekend. Our friends Dylan and Mary were in visiting his family so we decided to go and visit them. My Mom and Mike went with us to help with the girls. We found a great house to rent. It was wonderful. Trey got to play golf everyday and I got to have a spa day. So lately Mallory has this obsession with putting things on her arm like a purse. She will put anything with a handle on her arm and pile on as much as possible. Well, we were eating at a nice steak house and our steaks came with a onion ring on top. Mallory reached over and grabbed Trey's onion ring and put it on her arm. I took this picture with my phone so it is not the best quality.
To most of you this picture may look like a kid being silly. To us it is a major milestone. Alyssa has not been doing "appropriate play". Which means playing like a normal kid with toys. She usually just puts everything in her mouth. Well, today I walked in the playroom and she was putting this bucket on her head and spinning around laughing and acting silly. I was SO excited! This is the kind of stuff Mallory does - just acting silly! And when Mallory sees we think it is funny she just keeps doing it! Well, Alyssa saw I was laughing and she just kept doing it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey tara! thanks for entering my giveaway! there will be a giveaway every friday!

your girls are so precious :) i enjoy coming to your blog to see how you guys are doing!

Kelly said...

oh my gosh! This is hilarious! One, I think it's great that Mallory is ready for purses -I was known as "Mr.T" at her age because of my obsession with wearing EVERY necklace that I could find! She should definately have a small purse to keep her "goods" in! :D Two, I am Thrilled to see Alyssa's growth! Thank you so much for sharing all of that, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have realized what a big deal it was! She is so wonderful, and I'm glad that she's making such big strides!
Well, I am looking forward to coming down this summer and seeing you guys! I just miss y'all so much! Keep updating with pictures (don't forget to include you and trey every now and again ;)

Megan said...

Yea for Alyssa!

We need to get together next week when I get home from B'ham. Are you going to be around?

Heather said...

I'm so excited for Alyssa... I know you must be thrilled with that... and I love the onion ring story! Too funny!