Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Big Girls




Just wanted to share some pictures of my big girls. They are growing so fast. I have been going through some old pictures lately and have really noticed how much they have grown over the last 6 months.

So I have a new addiction! Yes - my name is Tara and I am a digiscrapaholic! Last week I got Storybook Creator (creative memories digital scrapbooking software) and LOVE it! I haven't even gotten to an actual book yet. I have been working on some Christmas presents and our Christmas cards. The banner at the top of my page is one of the Christmas cards I made. It is so easy to use and it can do anything you want it to. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone! After I complete the current traditional scrapbooks I have been working on (for 2 years) I will only do digital!

Here is another interesting fact about Christmas I learned from my Bible study:

Xmas. The Greek name for Christ is Christos. It begins with the Greek letter chi which resembles a small x. During the 16th century, Europeans began using the first initial of Christ's name, "x," as a shorthand version of Christ. One of the many words they abbreviated in this way was Christmas, making it xmas. Although early Christians understood who the x stood for, later Christians did not and mistook it as a sign of disrespect, "taking Christ out of Christmas."

WOW! I am one of those later Christians!

5 comments:

Gordon Family said...

I was just reading about Xmas in Adventures in Christmas book. Which is a great book you might want to get for next year to do with the girls. Is the storybook program expense?

melanie said...

very interesting about the x.....and all this time i thought it was something modern man conjured up! hahahaha who know?!

i'm looking forward to seeing all of you for Christmas....natalie, jesse and william will be here and marlon and lindsey will be in town too.

Megan said...

glad to hear you've gone digital. you'll never go back :) and your girls are PRECIOUS!

The Tylers said...

HOW CUTE is your head board! Love it!

Shandra said...

tara...your card is cute! megan and jessica b got me started into scrapping digitally. i love it too!! where are you ordering them from?