Monday, December 01, 2008

Our Future Gymnast






We have decided that Mallory is going to be a gymnast. She LOVES doing flips and jumping off of things. Trey caught her in action last week. I thought I would share some of those pictures. You will have to look at them from bottom to top to see them in order. For some reason when I download pictures it does that. It took too long to download to redo it!

We had a great Thanksgiving. We ate lots of food, put up our Christmas tree and decorations, and shopped on Black Friday. I even have all of my presents wrapped! I know the next few weeks are going to be busy so I tried to get everything done while I could. I love looking at my Christmas tree! I am in a 4 week study on Christmas and a the end of each day of homework she adds an interest tidbit about Christmas so I thought I could share the one about the Christmas Tree.

Martin Luther as walking home late one Christmas Eve and looked up to the heavens. he saw the stars shining through the branches of a fir tree near his home. Inspired by its beauty, Luther brought the tree inside his house, and using the candles, replicated what he saw.

"The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary...." Isaiah 60:13

Today the Christmas tree has become a symbol of Christ, the evergreen Tree of Life.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

mallory IS quite the gymnast!!! takes after her mommy, maybe?! ;)