Monday, January 18, 2010

OUCH!

So Friday afternoon my right side, back, and front of leg started hurting. I called Trey and he said to just monitor it. Well, it got ALOT worse. We called my OB and he said it was probably round ligament pain but if it got worse to go to the ER. Which at that time it did seem like it. It wasn't unbearable pain until about and hour later. It was EXCRUCIATING!!! We went to the ER and they ran some blood work, tested my urine, and gave me some pain meds. After 2 doses of pain meds I was still in severe pain. They said it was round ligament pain and sent me home with some meds. Well, I was miserable the entire night. I was vomiting and the pain meds were not working at all! The next day we called my OB again and he met us at his office to examine me. BTW - I have an awesome OB!!!! Anyway, he examined me and said there was no way it was round ligament pain that it had to be either my appendix or kidney stones. So he made sure I wasn't dilated and checked the baby and sent me to the ER. He called them and told them exactly what tests he wanted ran. After being there for 5 hours they told us I was going to have and emergency appendectomy. So, the surgeon came in to tell us what she was going to do and I went into surgery about 10:30pm. The surgery went good. She said my appendix hadn't ruptured but was inflamed. She had to do an incision instead of laproscopically because I am 17 weeks pregnant. They also decided to do an epidural instead of general anesthesia because of the baby. So I spent the night in the hospital and woke up the next morning with a urinary tract infection!!!! UGH!!!! I have never had one before so this is new to me! I didn't know what was going on. In fact, I have never had surgery (except for a DNC) or even been to the ER before this!!! My OB came by to see me at the hospital yesterday and treated me for the UTI. Right now that is what is hurting me most. I am sore from the surgery but the pain from the UTI is worse! I went home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I can't drive for 2 weeks and can't hold the girls for at least 1 month! That is going to be HORRIBLE! I will have to have someone here with me when they are here because they don't understand that Mommy can't hold them. Trey is bringing a doppler home from work so we can check the heartbeat everyday until I am completely healed. Anyway, if you think about it please say a prayer for quick healing!!!

1 comment:

melanie said...

oh wow tara. i WILL be praying for your quick healing