Monday, October 06, 2008

MOPS & Petting Zoo

This weekend was our girls weekend at the MOPS convention. And when I say girls I mean girls - 5,000 to be exact! We had fun and got some great ideas. They had live performances by Go Fish (they sing children's songs), Jaci Velasquez and her husband (who is in Salvador), Plumb, and Avalon. They were all really good. My favorite was Jaci Velasquez. It was just her, her husband, and his guitar. Kim Hill was the worship leader. She was good just REALLY loud! We went to workshops to learn about different areas of mothering and being a leader of MOPS. We heard many testimonies that were unbelievable. We were staying at The Gaylord Texan which was really nice. Luckily we checked in in time to get a room with 2 queen beds. Many groups of 4 or 5 had to share a king bed. We were able to get some shopping done. Who can go to Dallas without shopping? I think my favorite part of the weekend was getting to know some of the ladies in my group better and on a more personal level. It was a good weekend but I was ready to see my kids! I couldn't wait to get home and hold them (even though it was 11:30pm).

While I was in Dallas Trey took the girls to DeRidder to visit his dad. Oh, I forgot to tell a story. We left Thursday morning at 9:30am right after we dropped the kids off at MDO. As we were leaving I just had a sick feeling in my stomach. I knew I would get over it but it was there. Well, about an hour on the road Trey called to tell me MDO called because Alyssa fell on the playground and hit her head. Trey quickly went up to the church to check her out. She fell and had a goose egg right in between her eyes. It looked HORRIBLE!!!!! It is much better now - she just mainly has a black eye. But of course that would happen the one day I am not there! Trey and the girls had fun in DeRidder. They did go the the fair and they had a petting zoo. Mallory LOVED it! She even got to feed a camel a carrot! Alyssa finally warmed up to it. Here are some pictures.






2 comments:

Kelly said...

Your conference sounds so fun! I'm glad you got a "Mom" and "Girl" weekend! I'm also glad that Alyssa is ok! Lol, I actually was looking at the pictures earlier, before I read your post, and thought, "what happened to her forhead?!" :)

Megan said...

sounds like a fun weekend. we had our 2nd MOPS meeting today & had 8 first time moms! it was so fun! i think it's going to be a great year. we need to get together & share ideas :) let's plan a date.